Apr 10

County Urges New Builders to Acquire Zoning Permits

By: Nathan Bloechl — nathanb@977thebolt.com

Humboldt, Iowa — Humboldt County residents who live in the country and are looking to build must acquire a building permit, says County Auditor Peggy Rice.

The message was relayed to local media at yesterday’s Humboldt County supervisors meeting.

Homes, decks, bedrooms, sheds or any other building projects are required to obtain a zoning permit, which can be acquired from the Humboldt County Zoning Administrator, Brian Skow.

They can also be found at the auditor’s office or online at www.humboldtcountyia.org.

If you have questions you can contact Zoning Director Brian Skow at 515-890-1020 or e-mail him at bdskow@gmail.com.