By: Jacob Sexton — email@example.com
Humboldt, IA — Over the weekend Liguria Foods caught fire around 7pm on Saturday.
The Humboldt Fire Department along with firefighters from Bode and Gilmore City were on the scene to bring the total to around 20 to respond to the fire. The first responders were to put the flames out in about 15 minutes.
Investigation was done following the fire being put out it and determined that the origin of the fire came from the roof.
According to the Humboldt Independent, Fire Chief Jim Gronbach explained that one of the exhaust vent pipe’s heat tape malfunctioned, laid on the roof, and became the source that ignited the fire.
Because of the heat from the day and the position the tape was in, it allowed the rubber roof and insulation to be set ablaze then move to the decking with the help of a light breeze.
No one was injured in the incident and estimate in damages has yet been released. All emergency personnel were on the scene at Liguria Foods for approximately one hour and 45 minutes.