By: Nathan Bloechl — email@example.com
Humboldt, Iowa — The Class 3A District 2 All-District teams were announced yesterday and Humboldt saw several of their key players get honors on the list.
Starting first with offense:
- Junior WR Jamison Heinz
- Heinz caught 30 passes for a team-high 348 yards and three touchdowns. He also added 284 yards on the ground and three more scores, while accounting for four return touchdowns and 163 passing yards. A swiss army knife in every sense of the phrase.
- Senior RB Tyler Vitzhum
- Tyler accounted for over 820 yards of total offense and three touchdowns averaging 4.3 yards per clip. Vitzhum was the engine that drove Humboldt’s offense, coming just shy of a 1,000 total yard season.
- Senior OT Owen Terwilliger
- Terwilliger was a stalwart at left tackle this season for Humboldt, protecting the quarterback’s blindside. He picked up right where he left off last season.
The Wildcat defense, one of the best in the area saw several all-district players:
- Junior LB Matt Miller
- Led the team with 61 tackles. Had eight tackles for loss and two sacks.
- Senior LB Lucas Volf
- Finished third on the team with 54 tackles. Had eight tackles for loss and three sacks. Also recorded an interception, in which he returned it 25 yards for a score. Heart and soul of the Wildcat defense.
- Senior DL Jacob Weisbrich
- Turned in an absolute monster of a senior season finishing with 41 tackles, which was tops on the defensive line. Recorded 14 tackles for loss and had two sacks. Constantly double teamed.
Honorable Mentions were also announced yesterday:
- Senior LB Sawyer Savery
- Senior LB Timmy Larson
- Senior CB Jacob Thurm
- Senior CB Joey Busse