Humboldt, IA – Humboldt High School releases some school and sports specific spectator guidelines and COVID-19 mitigation efforts.
Media release from Activities Director Greg Thomas:
Dear Parents, Adult Spectators & Staff,
As we begin the 2020 fall sports and activities season, I would like to share some COVID information as you prepare to attend activities on campus at Humboldt as well as on the road.
While attending at Humboldt, these are the things that you will be seeing and hearing this fall.
- Public Address Announcements before each contest concerning our expectations in regards to COVID-19, social distancing and mitigation strategies.
- COVID-releated signage.
- Blechers marked to not sit in.
- Clearning/sanitizing products. we strongly encourage you to bring your own as well.
- Longer and more frequent timeouts.
- Studen sections will require masks or face shields be worn if there is not 6′ of social distancing.
General Guidelins while attending activities at Humboldt
- We are NOT limiting attendance at home events at this time.
- Maintain 6′ social distance from everyone not in your immediate family. Masks are strongly encouraged, but not mandatory for adult specators when 6′ isn’t possible.
- Studnet sections that are not following 6′ social distancing protocl will be required to wear masks or face shields.
- Stay home if you are sick or are expereincing symptoms:
- Fever 100.4 or higher
- Loss of taste or smell
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle/body aches
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Concessions stands will be operating with a limited menu. Hotdogs and popcorn will be available.
- Admission will be $5 for everyone K-Adult any time there is a varsity event being played.
- Please be considerate of others around you.
Volleyball match specific guidelines:
- Please don’t sit in the firt two rows of bleachers unless you are handicapped.
- Please don’t sit in the bleachers marked for social distancing.
- Only 1 net will be used pergym for contests
- 9th Grad games will be played in the Middle School gym.
- JV games will be played in the High School gym.
- Our varsity tournament will be held int he high school gym and middle school gym on Saturday, Aug. 29th.
Football game specific guidelines
- Please don’t sit int he bleachers that are marked for social distancing.
- A modified, 7 game schedule has been adopted
- First two games are non-district.
- All teams will qualify for the playoffs with the 1st round being Friday, Oct. 16th.
- Home varsity games are Sept. 4, Sept. 18 and Oct. 9
Cross County meet specific guidelines
- We are hiring a chip timing service to alleviate the congestion at the finish line with pulling bib numbers at our meet September 21st.
- We will space out the starting boxes to allow for more social distancing.
- We will NOT hold an awards ceremony at the conclusion of our met based on recommendations from the IHSAA/IGHSAU.
Humbodlt Activities on the Road
- Many School are making masks mandatory, especially indoors. Please have a mask with you in case they are required.
- Some schools are limiting the numboer of spectators that can attend. We will try to get this information to you as it becomes available to us. (Info will be posted on the rSchool calender on each event & on the school website as it is made available to us.)
- Local restriction, recommendations and expectations will vary from place to place. Be prepared to adhere to them.
- We will attempt to communicate information for live streaming when it is available.
- Concessions being open and menus will vary greatly from school to school.
We will be able to offer and participate in middle school and high school activities as long as we are having face to face classes or our hybrid model of instructions. If we have to go to total remote learning, all activities will be suspended.
Each and everyone of us has the personal responsibility to adhere to the guidelines at each venue. This will give our student-athletes, coaches and spectators the best opportunity to participate this fall. We thank you for your cooperation. GO CATS!