By: Matt Scher, [email protected]
Fort Dodge, IA – The Fort Dodge Police Department released the following press release regarding the 2022 Shellabration festivities tomorrow in Fort Dodge:
“This Saturday evening, Shellabration will be held at the Harlan Rogers Sports Complex just north of Fort Dodge. The event is again expected to draw a large number of spectators for a fun‐filled evening. In an effort to ease the departure after the show, the Fort Dodge Police Department along with Shellabration, Inc., wanted to share some information as far as parking and exiting the event.
- Parking will be available in the Harlan Rogers Sports Complex, the Fort Dodge Municipal Airport, along with an area south of the airport.
- Handicap parking will be available in the northern portion of the Harlan Rogers hard surfaced lot
- Bus and large RV parking will be located near the Harlan Rogers main entrance
- Parking along the shoulder of Nelson Ave, 170th/D14, and 160th Street (road north of airport) is prohibited. Any vehicles parked along the hard‐surfaced portions of these roads that are deemed a traffic hazard are subject to being towed at the owner’s expense.
Departure following the event (approximately 10:00 P.M. – 11:30 P.M.)
- Vehicles parked in Harlan Rogers lot will be directed north along Nelson Ave utilizing both lanes of traffic.
- Those in the west (southbound) lane will be directed west along 160th Street.
- Those in the east (northbound) lane will be directed north along Nelson Ave/P56.
- Vehicles parked in the Fort Dodge Municipal Airport and south parking area will be directed south along Nelson Ave/P56 utilizing the southbound lane only.
Shellabration Event Departure Information
- Clearly identified taxi cabs and shuttle buses will be the only vehicles able to enter for pickup along Nelson Ave/P56 from the south. Cabs must be equipped with top lights indicating they are taxi cabs to be allowed north to Harlan Rogers.
- No personal vehicles will be allowed north to Harlan Rogers to pick up attendees.
- During this time, all southbound traffic approaching 160th Street at Nelson/P56 will be directed westbound until the area has cleared.
- During this time, all northbound traffic approaching 170th/D14 at Nelson/P56 will be directed eastbound until the area has cleared.
We encourage those attending the event to be aware of where they are parked and the departure plan. This plan has been in place for the last several Shellabration events. We also remind everyone to be aware of pedestrian traffic in the area and exercise caution when arriving and departing the event. Those who are not attending the event are encouraged to use alternative routes if possible. Although the departure routes may extend the time it takes to get to your next destination, the routes are in place to ensure the safety of spectators and allowing vehicles to exit in the most fluid manner possible. We wish everyone a fun and safe night while attending another great Fort Dodge event.”